当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 每日英语口语 > 英协视频:你获聘了8(Later the same day)

英协视频:你获聘了8(Later the same day)

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 2.15W 次

 

英协视频:你获聘了8(Later the same day)

Episode 8
你获聘了8
Later the same day
当天稍晚时候

 

...ok...ok...that’s great! We’ll be pleased to have you on the team! Looking forward to seeing you next week! Bye!
……好的……好的……那太好了!我们很高兴你能成为我们公司的一员!期待下周能见到你!再见!

Was that Sarah?
是萨拉?

Yes - she’s going to accept the job, and wants to come in next week for a chat...
对 – 她接受这份工作了,想下周过来聊聊……

Great news. Now you just have to tell the other guy that we don’t want him...
好消息。下面我们只需要告诉另一个家伙,我们不想要他……

I hate giving bad news...
我讨厌给别人坏消息……

I’m glad that it’s your job and not mine!
我很庆幸这是你的工作,而不是我的!

Ok, may as well do it straight away...
好吧,可以马上就做……

Dear Mr Watson...we regret to inform you that you have not got the job...
亲爱的沃森先生……我们很遗憾地通知你,你没有得到这份工作……

hmmm... sounds a bit too direct.
嗯……听上去有点太直接了。

How about...‘Dear Mr Watson, Thank you for your application to WebWare. We regret to inform you that you weren’t successful.’
这样如何……“亲爱的沃森先生,谢谢你申请WebWare公司的职位。但我们很遗憾地通知你,你没有成功。”

Hmmm...I think you should say something positive.
恩……我觉得你应该说点积极的话。

But he was terrible!
但他的表现实在是惨不忍睹!

Well, he wasn’t great, no, but, I think we should be positive and polite.
虽然他表现得不太好,但我觉得我们还是应该积极一些,客气一些。

Yes, you’re absolutely right. OK how about this
好吧,你是完全正确的。这样如何,

‘Dear Mr Watson, Thank you for your application to WebWare. You were a promising candidate.
“亲爱的沃森先生,谢谢你申请WebWare公司的职位。你是一名非常有前途的候选人。

However, we regret to inform you that the competition for the post was very strong, and we will not be offering you the position.
但是,我们很遗憾地通知你,该职位的竞争非常激烈,因此我们无法给你这份工作。

Yours sincerely, etc etc...’
您诚挚的,等等……”

Yes, that’s more like it...but we should include some feedback...
对,差不多了……但我们应该加一些反馈意见……

Of course – how about if I add this:
当然 – 如果我加这些怎么样:

“In future, you may wish to moderate your personal style, and carefully fact-check your CV...”
“以后你可以让自己的个人风格变得更加温和,仔细检查简历是否符合事实……”

How does that sound?
听起来怎么样?

I’m not sure what ‘moderate your personal style’ means. It’s a bit vague...
我不太明白“让自己的个人风格变得更加温和”是什么意思。有一点模糊……

Hmm... ok, how about ‘give more specific examples of your achievements, and show how you work as part of a team’.
呃……好吧,“对于你的工作成就举一些更加具体的例子,展示自己是如何作为团队一份子参加工作的”,如何?

Ok, yes, I like that...and remember to finish with something like, ‘We wish you the best of luck in the future’!
好,就这样,我喜欢……记得结尾加上这样的话,“我们祝你未来好运”!

Of course – I certainly do wish him luck! Ok – done. I’ll send it now.
当然 – 我当然要祝他好运!好 - 写好了。我现在就发出去。

 

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-8