当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读技巧 > 双语美文:小偷欠你的 我来还给你

双语美文:小偷欠你的 我来还给你

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 9.52K 次

So, in fifth grade,

双语美文:小偷欠你的 我来还给你

事情是这样的,在我上五年级的时候


my backpack was stolen from my dad's car,

有人从我爸爸的车里偷走了我的背包


which had my binder

背包里有我的活页夹


which had all my school stuff in it,

所有的课业资料都在里面


and a few other valuables,

还有几样我十分珍视的东西


like I used to and still like to write stories,

比如,那时我很喜欢写故事,现在我依旧如此


and it had notebooks in it

活页夹里有一个笔记本


that I had stories

里面有我写的故事


in that I have been working on for quite a while.

这些故事我已经认真琢磨了许久


And when my dad had come

那时我爸爸来到我的房间


and woken me up

叫醒我


to tell me that his car was broken into

告诉我他的车被人撬开了


and my backpack was stolen,

我的背包被偷走了


I was devastated

我深受打击


and crying for about a half an hour to an hour.

足足哭了将近一个小时


Then I decided to go to school with absolutely nothing.

然后,我决定不带任何东西去上学


My 5th grade teacher, Miss Taylor,

五年级的老师,Taylor老师


was really sweet

是个非常好的人


and kind to me and understanding,

她十分和蔼,又善解人意


and she gave me an extra binder that she had,

她把自己的一本超大号的活页夹送给了我


and to help personalize it,

为了标明它归属于我


she got out a piece of paper,

她拿出一页纸


and started writing my name in a cool font,

开始用非常好看的字体写我的名字


because she was really good at fonts.

她的艺术字写的非常好看


She then gave it to me

接着,她把它交给我


and said

说到


 "here, color it in",

给你,把它图上颜色吧


and I was devastated of her kindness.

我为她的善良感动不已


But still to this day

可是直到今天


I haven't colored it in.

我还没有给它图上颜色


But sometimes

不过,有时


I still look at it

我还是会看着那本活页册


and appreciate what she had done for me that day.

欣赏之中想着,那一天她为我做了一件多么好的事呀


But here's something even better:

不过,那天还发生了更好的事情


later that same day,

同一天晚些时候


Miss Taylor had gotten a call from the office

Taylor老师从办公室里接了一个电话


and when she had gotten off the phone,

当她放下电话时


she had said exactly this:

我至今清清楚楚记得她这样说道


 "Zoe, A miracle has happened!

Zoe,奇迹发生了!


Someone found your binder!",

有人找到了你的活页册


And I zoomed down to the office,

我一路冲到办公室


and got my binder.

终于拿回了自己的活页册


It was really stuffed full,

里面塞得满满的


because the person that had found it

因为找到这本活页册的人


had stuffed all the other stuff

把其他的东西也塞了进去


that the robber had dumped out all the stuff in my backpack

小偷把我背包里所有的东西都倒了出来


and just took my backpack,

只拿走了我的背包


but that person had stuffed all that stuff inside of my binder.

捡到的人把所有被倒出来的东西都塞进了我的活页册


When I opened it

当我打开它时


I saw all my stuff including an envelope.

我看到自己所有的东西都在里面,还有一只信封


On the back of the envelope

信封背面上


it they had written

写着一行字


"I'm sorry all your stuff got stolen.

我和抱歉,你的背包被偷走了


but I hope this helps"

但我希望这会让你感到欣慰


and I opened the envelope

我打开信封


and it had $20 in it,

发现里面有20美元


that the person that found all the stuff

是那个找到所有这些东西的人


had put in the envelope

把这些钱放进信封


so that I could buy more school stuff!

好让我重新去买学校里需要的文具!


I just think that that was such a kind act!

我想,这是多么令人赞叹的善举!


So it turns out that

所以,这件事证明


there are lots of people out there that are kind,

世界上有许多人,他们心底良善


and can bring back faith and hope to humanity,

可以让人们重拾对人性的信任和希望


and that teachers can make the best of the worst.

而辛勤的园丁,能够让最坏的成为最好的


So if something bad happens

所以,如果糟糕的事情发生了


and you ever feel down,

如果你感到沮丧


just remember that,

请记住


if life gives you lemons

如果生活给了你酸涩的柠檬


make lemonade,

不妨做成爽口的柠檬汁


and remember that

请记住


there are some good people out there in the world.

世界上总有一些好人在