职场英文口语 第187期:解除混乱(2)
Everything OK Tom?
一切顺利吗,汤姆?Oh yeah, everything's cool.
一切顺利。Actually Denise, it's not.
丹尼斯,其实不是这样。
I think we're all going to be sacked tomorrow by Mr Socrates.
我认为我们明天都会被苏格拉底先生解雇。What? ! No!
什么?不!I've got a hairdresser's appointment on Saturday, how am I going to pay for it now?
我周六约了理发师,我该怎么付钱啊?What am I going to do?
我该怎么办?I know, I'll call Marge.
我知道了,我给玛吉打电话。Hey Brian, Pete… we're all going to be sacked tomorrow.
布莱恩,皮特……我们明天都要被解雇了。Erm… Anna, you've got a problem ?
安娜,你马上要有大问题了。什么?Tom's spreading rumours about job cuts.
汤姆正在散布裁员的谣言呢。Everyone's starting to panic.
大家都开始恐慌了。Oh no! I'd better do something but what shall I say?
不!我最好做点什么,但我该说什么呢?Call a meeting quickly.
马上召开会议。Tell the team 'there are some rumours going around that are not true'.
告诉团队说,现在散播的谣言是造谣。Say, 'I am trying to establish the facts and I will let you know as soon as I have some information'.
我正在证明事实,一旦有了消息我会马上告诉你们。You could say 'I would be grateful if you hear any rumours, not to pass them on'.
你可以说“如果听到任何谣言,不传谣会让我感到欣慰。”This can be a tricky situation and you need to handle it well.
这会是一个棘手的情况,你要小心处理。Good luck!
好运!Gosh. This is hard but here goes.
天啊,这太难了,但是必须要做。