当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语故事 > 关于英语故事小短文带翻译

关于英语故事小短文带翻译

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.63W 次

英语是一种交流的工具,口语交际能力的重要性不言而喻。故事英语教学法是一种创新性教学方法,它能提高学生的口语能力,培养学生用英语思维的能力,在表达、语音、语感等方面也起着突出的作用。本站小编整理了关于英语故事小短文带翻译,欢迎阅读!

关于英语故事小短文带翻译
  关于英语故事小短文带翻译:The Noses Knows

鼻子破案

“One should never investigate a case in a desultory manner,” said Tom.

“人们绝不应该杂乱无章地调查一个案件。”汤姆说,

He slowly detached his pair of silver handcuffs from his police belt.

慢慢地从他的警服皮带上解下那副银色手铐。

“We're going to detain the suspect pending further investigation.”

“在做进一步深入调查期间我们要拘留这个嫌疑犯。”

He put the detached handcuffs on the suspect's wrists.

他把分开的手铐戴在了嫌疑犯的手腕上。

“My nose detects the presence of blood.”

“我的鼻子能察觉出有血迹。”

“You're an amazing detective, Tom,” I said.

“你真是个令人惊服的侦探,汤姆,”我说,

“I didn't know that blood had a detectable odor.

“我不知道血液具有可察觉的气味。

If it is blood, our suspect might be spending the rest of his life in detention.

如果是血的话,这个嫌疑犯的后半生要在拘留中度过。

Do you think that a life sentence will deter other people from committing crimes?”

你认为终身监禁会使人们放弃犯罪的念头吗?”

“Perhaps it will deter a few people,” Tom responded.

“有些人也许会的。”汤姆回答说,

“I think a death sentence is a much better deterrent,” he said, smirking.

“我认为死刑更具有威慑力。”他得意地笑着说,

“Look here. It appears that he tried to use detergent to clean up the blood.

“看这儿,看上去他曾试图用清洁剂把血迹擦干净。

Now we have to determine whether to apply to Judge Firecracker's court for a search warrant.

现在我们必须决定是否要向法克拉克法官申请搜查令。

Blood will deteriorate search warrant, it might be too late.

血迹过一段时间会消退而不易查明了。如果我们等到法官对我们搜查令的请求做出决定,恐怕就太晚了。

I detest delays.”

我讨厌耽误时间。”

“Tom, I strongly recommend that we wait for the warrant,” I advised.

“汤姆,我强烈建议我们等到搜查令再说。”我劝他说,

“Legality should be the determinant.

“合法性应该是决定因素。

If the search is later declared illegal by the court, it will be very detrimental to our case.

如果我们的搜查事后被法院宣布为违法,那对我们的案件侦破是很不利的。

I think waiting a few days won't detract from our investigation.”

我想等几天也不会有损于我们的调查的。”

“I guess you're right,” Tom replied.

“你说得对,”汤姆回答,

“Searching without a warrant could prove to be a detriment.

“没有得到搜查令的搜查其后果肯定会贻害无穷。

Besides, if Judge Firecracker ever found out, it would create a temper detonation that would blow the roof off the courthouse. ”

此外,一旦法克拉克法官查出来,他会脾气大爆发,连法院屋顶也会炸上天哪。”

  关于英语故事小短文带翻译:水中婚礼

Bert proposed to Lillian on Valentine's Day. They were engaged to be married exactly one year later. But they weren't having an ordinary wedding. Bert was a scuba diving instructor. He met Lillian in Thailand on one of the dives he was leading.

伯特在情人节那天向莉莉安求婚。他们会先订婚,然后准备在一年后的今天结婚;不过他们要举行的可不是普通的婚礼。伯特是斯库巴潜水教练,他有一回带人去泰国潜水时认识了莉莉安。

From the moment they saw each other, they knew the other was special. Lillian remembers looking into his eyes and thinking, "This is the man I am going to marry." Now, three years later they are recreating that memory.

从他们认识那一刻起,彼此便觉得对方很特别;莉莉安记得她从伯特的蓝色斯库巴面具望着他的眼睛时,心想:“这就是我要嫁的男人。”如今过了三年,他们即将重现当初那份记忆。

They've hired a professinal underwater priest to perform the ceremony off the coast of Thailand. They've invited all their friends (but only the four that know how to scuba dive are going to attended.) Lillian had a special white wedding wetsuit made. And, of course, they have the ring.

他们雇用了一个专业的水中牧师帮他们在泰国海岸主持婚礼,同时邀请了多有的朋友前来参加(不过只有四个懂斯巴库潜水的朋友会来)。莉莉安订做了一件特别的白色婚礼用保温潜水服。当然,他们也准备了结婚戒指。

Bert took extra caution and had a small chain made to attach the ring to his wetsuit. If he dropped it there would be no finding it. So, this Valentine's Day Bert and his fiancee Lillian are going to say underwater"I do".

伯特特别小心地做了一条小链子,要把戒指系在他的保温潜水服上,因为如果不小心掉了就找不到了。所以情人节那天,伯特和他的未婚妻会对彼此说:“我愿意”。

  关于英语故事小短文带翻译:The “Ultra Bomber”

放置炸弹的极端恐怖分子

“How could something so small be so devastating?” John wondered as he walked through the debris.

“这么小的东西怎么会有这么大的破坏性呢?”约翰一边走过爆炸现成的瓦砾堆,一边在纳闷。

The devastation was beyond belief.

破坏力令人难以置信。

The device had devastated the entire building and part of the neighboring area.

这个爆炸装置摧毁了整个建筑物并波及周围的部分地区。

The truck that brought it had traveled a devious route to avoid detection.

承运卡车为了躲开侦查,专挑偏僻曲折的小道行驶。

“What kind of diabolical mind would devise such a diabolic scheme?” I asked myself.

“设计这么残忍的爆炸计划的人心有多狠毒啊!”我自然自语,

“It must be someone completely devoid of compassion.”

“这个人肯定一点同情心都没有。”

The explosion had ripped through a residential building, injuring hundreds of people.

炸弹炸毁了一个居民楼,数百人受伤。

These recurring acts of violence had devitalized the area.

暴力行为的重复出现使这一地区变得死气沉沉。

“I think I recognize the handiwork,” John said, as he examined a recovered piece of the device.

“我能看出这炸弹是手工做的。”约翰一边检查找到的一块炸弹碎片,一边说,

“Do you see the diagonal circuitry?” he said, pointing his finger.

“看见这个呈对角线的电路图了吗?”他用手指着残片说,

“This is the work of a dexterous bomb maker.

“制作这个炸弹的人是个老手。

If I'm right, this circuitry will match the diagram I have in my file.”

如果我没说错,这个电路图与我卷宗里的那个图表真好一致。”

“Exactly what are you saying?” I asked.

“你到底在说什么?”我问。

“This catastrophe is the work of the ‘ultra bomber, '” John replied.

“这场灾难是极端恐怖分子制造的,”约翰回答,

“The ‘Ultra bomber' is a devotee of an anti-government cult.

“这个放置炸药的人是个反政府教派的狂热信徒。

In the last few years, his misguided devotion has led him to bomb several government buildings.

在过去的几年里 ,对该教派走火入魔似的忠诚促使他炸毁了几栋政府大楼。

He claims to be a devout Christian but that is clearly debatable.

他声称自己是虔诚的基督徒,但很明显这会引起人们的争议。

Christians do not devote their lives to killing people.”

基督徒不会致力于杀戮无辜。”

“Let's get the injured people out of the building,” I said.

“让我们把受伤人员救出大楼,”我说,

“They need to be diagnosed and treated.

“他们需要诊断治疗。

We don't have the proper diagnostic equipment here with us.”

我们没有随身携带专门的诊断设备。”

“Okay,” John replied.

“好的,”约翰回答,

“But since it's going to be a long night, would you mind if I devour a candy bar before we start?”

“可既然我们又要熬夜了,在开始之前我想先吞下一块条形糖果你不介意吧?”


看了“关于英语故事小短文带翻译”的人还看了:

1.励志英语小故事带翻译

2.5个英语励志故事短文

3.关于英语短文小故事带翻译

4.简单的少字的英语励志小故事带翻译

5.关于英语故事短文带翻译