当前位置

首页 > 英语学习 > 英语学习方法 > 关于中文在行的英语

关于中文在行的英语

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.53W 次

英语中有很多有意思的说法,让人感觉字面上"明明"就是这个意思,但实际上却另有所指。下面是小编给大家带来的关于中文在行的英语,欢迎大家阅读参考,我们一起来看看吧!

关于中文在行的英语

原文:He really knows a thing or two about such matters.

原译:这类事,他确实略知一二。

辨析:Know a thing or two 和汉语的"略知一二"表面上何其相似!实际上却是一对"假朋友"。"略知一二"的意思是只知道一点儿,常用于表示自谦,比如有人说:"此时在下也略知一二。"其实说话人知道的不少。可是英语的know a thing or two 是一个习惯说法,其含义为"知道很多";"见多识广";"有判断力";"熟悉业务";"精明能干"等,相当于know one's business or opinions ; know the ropes ; know what's what 。如:His mother is a woman who knows a thing or two . (他母亲是个明白事理的人。)

原译没有表达出原句的确切意思,是因为汉语说他人"略知一二"并没有什么谦虚的含义,而是带有一定的贬义,说那个人知道得不多,甚至只是一知半解。其实,从really一词我们可以看出,原句里的know a thing or two带有褒义。所以全句应该译为:这类事他确实很熟悉/了如指掌。"略知一二"的英语是know something (about)或not know much,而"只知道一点儿","一知半解"的英语是have only a smattering knowledge (of ….) ; have only some superficial1 knowledge (of….) ; have a rough idea (about….) ; know some half truth (about…) 。这些都含有贬义。

英语中还有一个说法:know how many beans make five , 其字面意思是"知道多少/几个豆子是五个",这好像是"连小孩都知道的简单知识",其确切含义却是"精明;在行",也是一个褒义的说法。

说一个人一窍不通,应是not know the first thing about …, 如:I don't know the first thing about gardening . (对不起,我对园艺一窍不通。)

此外英语中有一个很有意思的说法:He know which side his bread is buttered. 你能猜出其含义吗?其意思是说:他知道自己的利益所在,善于为自己打算

  扩展:国际交际礼节英语词汇

久仰! I've heard so much about you.  好久不见了! Long time no see.

辛苦了! You've had a long 've had a long flight.

尊敬的朋友们! Distinguished/Honorable/Respected friends

阁下(多用于称呼大使) Your Excellency

我代表北京市政府欢迎各位朋友访问北京。 On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, I wish to extend our warm welcome to the friends who have come to visit Beijing.

对您的大力协助,我谨代表北京市政府表示衷心的感谢。 On behalf of the Beijing Municipal government, i wish to express our heartfelt thanks to you for your gracious assistance.

在北京过得怎么样? How are you making out in Beijing?

我一定向他转达您的问候和邀请。 I'll surely remember you and your invitation to him.

欢迎美商来北京投资。 American businessmen are welcome to make investment in Beijing.

欢迎多提宝贵意见。 Your valuable advice is most welcome.

不虚此行! It's a rewarding trip!

您的日程很紧,我们的会见是否就到此为止。 As you have a tight schedule, I will not take up more of your time.

请代我问候王先生。 Please remember me to .

感谢光临! Thank you so much for coming.

欢迎再来! Hope you'll come again.

欢迎以后多来北京! Hope you'll visit Beijing more often.

请留步,不用送了! I will see myself out, please.

多保重! Take care!

祝您一路平安! Have a nice trip!

愿为您效劳! At your service!

为…举行宴会/宴请 Host a dinner/banquet/luncheon1 in honor of …

欢迎宴会 Welcome dinner

便宴 Informal dinner

午宴(附有情况介绍或专题演讲等内容) Luncheon

便餐 Light meal

工作午餐 Working luncheon

自助餐 Buffet2 dinner/luncheon

答谢宴会 Return dinner

告别宴会 Farewell dinner

庆功宴 Glee feast

招待会 Reception

庆祝中华人民共和国成立四十五周年招待会 Reception Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China

鸡尾酒会 Cocktail3 party

茶话会 Tea party

包餐/点餐 Table d'hote/a la carte

上菜 Serve a courst

您的位置在这里。 Here is your seat.

请入席! Please have a seat.

欢聚一堂 Enjoy this happy get-together4

请随便! Please yourself at home./Please enjoy yourself.

请各位随意用餐。 Help yourself please.

您喝点什么? What would you like to drink?

现在我提议,为了…和…之间的合作,为了…参议员的健康,干杯! At this point, I propose a toast: to the cooperation between … And … , to the health of Senator…, cheers!

最后,我借主人的酒,提议为…干杯! Lastly, taking up this glass of fine wine, I propose a toast to …

请各位举杯并同我一起为所有在座的朋友们的健康干杯! I'd ask you to raise your glass and join me in a toast ot the health of all our friends present here.

敬您一杯! Here's to you!

祝你健康! To your health!

我要为此干杯! I'll drink to that!

随量! Whatever you like!

我失陪一会儿! Excuse me for a minute.

菜不好,请多多包涵! Hope you enjoy yourself.

女士们先生们,欢迎各位光临,演出很快就要开始了,请尽快就坐。 Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. The concert/show would start soon. Please get yourself seated. Thank you.

招待会现在开始。 The reception will now begin.

全体起立,奏国歌! All rise please. For the onal Anthem1!

出席今天招待会的贵宾有… The distinguished2 guests paarticipating the reception are …

现在请…讲话 I have the honour to call upon …

开幕式现在结束。 This concludes the opening ceremony.

隆重庆祝 Grand celebration

庆祝成立…一周年 Celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the Establishment of …

热烈祝贺第一届…锦标赛 Hail the first FIFA of …

值此节日之际致以节日的祝贺! On the occasion of the season, I would like to extend season's greetings.

祝您工作顺利、事业成功、身体健康、家庭幸福! Wish you the very best of luck in your job, every successin your future endeavours, good health and a happy family!

衷心祝贺您当选… Hearty3 congratulations on your recent ecletion as …

举行会议/研讨会/大会/座谈会/学术报告会 Hold a meeting/seminar/conference/forum/symposium

赞助人/主办人/承办人/协办人 Patron/sponsor/organizer/co-organizer

举行谈判 Enter into negotiation4

交涉 Make representations with sb. On sth./deal with sb.

事物性会谈 Talks at working level

对口会谈 Counterpart talks

议程项目 Items on the agenda

主题 Theme

议题 Topic for discussion

双方商定的议程 Schedule mutually agreed upon

开幕会议 Opening session

全体会议 Plenary session

开场白 Introduction

情况介绍 Presentation

小组讨论 Panel discussion

同有关单位磋商 Hold consultations5 with the organizations concerned

一轮会谈 One round of talks

决议 Resolution

谅解备忘录 Memorandum6 of understanding

现在开会。 I declare the meeting open.

请…发言。 I invite the representative of …To take the floor.

下面我给各位简要介绍一下北京的经济情况 Now I would like to give you a brief overview7 of Beijing's economy.

我的介绍完了,谢谢! That's all for my k you.

我先说这么多。 So much for my remarks for now.

我要说的就是这些。 That's all for what I want to say.

您看是先谈原则问题呢,还是先谈具体问题? I wonder if you would like to start with matters of principle or specific issues?