当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 最新美国俚语集锦

最新美国俚语集锦

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 5.42K 次

any minute 随时,马上

She should be here at any minute.
她马上就到.

They are going to announce it any minute now.
他们随时会宣布结果.

最新美国俚语集锦

The baseball game has been going on for 3 hours so it should be finished any minute now.
这场棒球赛已经进行了三小时,所以随时都可能结束.

Hang on Paul, the ambulance will be here any minute.
保罗,坚强点,救护车马上就到了.


holiday pounds:在假期里增加的体重

holiday pounds的意思是指在假期里增加的体重.

Man, when I get back to work I'll have to start going to the gym again- I've put on some serious holiday pounds.

当我回去工作的时候我又得去健身了.因为假期里我又重了好多.


sinking feeling:感觉要出事,有不祥的预感

sinking是往下沉的意思,sinking feeling就是感觉要出事,有不祥的预感.

I have a sinking feeling that we're gonna lost the game today. (gonna=going to)

我有种不祥的预感,我们今天会输掉比赛.

As soon as I saw Celia I had a terrible sinking feeling. I knew she'd only have come if something was wrong.
我一看到西莉亚,就感觉要出事儿.我清楚没事她是不会来的.

I knew something was going to go wrong. I had a sinking feeling all yesterday that we weren't prepared.

我就知道要出事,昨天一整天我就有不祥的预感,我们并没有准备好.


where in the world:究竟在哪里

I think we're completely lost. We've been driving around for hours and I've got no idea where in the world we are.

我想我们彻底迷路了,我们在这开车兜了几个小时但还是不知道我们究竟在哪.

It's the middle of summer so where in the world are you going to skiing?

现在是夏天,你究竟要到哪里去滑雪啊?


one way to find out的英文解释:This is the only way to discover the truth. 翻译成中文就是:知道真相的唯一方法.

A:I wonder what this letter says.

我想知道信里写了什么.

B:There's only one way to find out - open it!

方法只有一个--打开看看

If you want to know if she'll go out with you. There's only one way to find out - you have to ask her.

如果你想知道她是否愿意跟你出去,只有一个办法可以知道--邀请她.


chill out/ cool out:冷静,放松

I like to come home from work, have dinner, chill out for a little bit, and then go to bed.

下班后我喜欢回家吃晚餐,放松休息一下,然后上床睡觉.

Will you chill out?

沉住气好吗?(冷静好吗?)

Before we can debate this matter, you're all gonna have to chill out.

辩论之前,大家都要冷静.

He's been working very hard the past couple of months so i think he just needs to go on holiday and chill out for a bit.

他最近几个月工作一直很努力,因此我认为他需要去休假放松一下


no sweat 表面意思是不出汗,没出汗,由此引伸出下面的解释:

1. 一点儿也不困难,毫不费力,一点儿也不麻烦.(no difficulty)

I passed the prelim with no sweat.

我轻轻松松就通过了初试.

It's no sweat for me to drive you to work. I'm going in the same direction.

送你上班我一点儿也不麻烦,我顺路.

2. 甭担心,不用担心.(do not worry)

We'll be back by six, no sweat, but if there's a problem, we'll call you.

我们六点就回来,不用担心,如果有事我会打电话给你.


all talk 光说不做,空谈

如果你要形容人经常光说不练,就可以用到all talk (and no action)这个短语.

all talk (and no action)解释如下

talking often about doing something, but never actually doing it.

光说不做,光说空话而不做,空谈,干打雷不下雨.

Eric won't do it. He's just all talk.

艾瑞克不会去做的,他总是光说不做.

The government has been cracking down on piracy for more than two months. It's no longer all talk but little action.

政府打击盗版的活动进行了两个多月,再也不是雷声大雨点小了.

Jimmy keeps saying he'll get a job soon, but he's all talk and no action.

吉米总说要找工作,但他总是光说不做.


save the day:转危为安,反败为胜,挽救局面

The team was expected to lose, but Mike made three points and saved the day.

球队本来要输了,但麦克投中了一个三分球并反败为胜.

The forest fire was nearly out of control when suddenly it rained heavily and saved the day.

森林火灾几乎无法控制,幸好老天突然下起大雨,才化险为夷.

Your excellent speech calmed the crowd and saved the day.

你精彩的演讲安抚了群众,并解决了棘手的问题.