当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第24期:外号 Nickname

美语情景对话 第24期:外号 Nickname

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 9.92K 次

美语情景对话 第24期:外号 Nickname

Todd: Hello!

你好!

David: Hello, Seattle!

你好,西雅图!

Todd: Hello, Seattle! OK, well, how about could you introduce yourself to the lisTener?

你好,西雅图!好的,你能向听众介绍一下自己吗?

David: Oh, hi, I'm David. I'm from Tennessee. The home of Jack Daniel's whiskey and Elvis Presley.

你好,我是大卫。我来自田纳西州。杰克丹尼威士忌和埃维斯·普里斯利的故乡。

Todd: Do you like Elvis?

你喜欢埃维斯?

David: He's OK.

他很好。

Todd: Yeah! Cool!

酷!

David: Never met the guy, but.

但我从来没见过真人。

Todd: Your name is David.

你的名字叫大卫。

David: Yes, that is correct.

是的,没错。

Todd: But what does everyone call you here?

这里的人都怎么称呼你?

David: Tennessee

田纳西。

Todd: OK. Why does everyone call you Tennessee?

为什么所有人都叫你田纳西?

David: Two reasons. One, I'm from Tennessee, the most obvious reason and the third is because usually there is two to three, one time there was four Davids here.

有两个原因。第一,我来自田纳西州,这是最明显的原因。另外,就是因为通常会同时有两个或三个,有时候甚至是四个人都叫大卫。

Todd: Oh, I see.

我明白了。

David: And to keep us from getting confused they just started calling me Tennessee.

为了不叫混了,大家就开始叫我田纳西。

Todd: Oh, nice. Great. Well it was nice to meet you, David.

好的,太棒了。很高兴认识你,大卫。

David: Nice to meet you too, Todd.

很高兴认识你,托德。

注:译文属原创,未经允许,请勿转载。