当前位置

首页 > 口语英语 > 实用生活英语口语 > 美语情景对话 第241期:Football 足球

美语情景对话 第241期:Football 足球

推荐人: 来源: 阅读: 1.14W 次

Todd: Sarah, so what sports do you like?

托德:萨拉,你喜欢什么运动

Sarah: My favorite spectator sport is football. I support Newcastle United in England.

萨拉:我最喜欢的运动是足球。我支持英国的纽卡斯尔联队。

Todd: Newcastle United.

托德:纽卡斯尔联队。

Sarah: Newcastle United, Yeah.

萨拉:对,纽卡斯尔联队。

Todd: Are they a good team?

托德:他们是一支强队吗?

Sarah: Um, yeah, I think they're pretty good. They finished fifth in the premiership this year, so they're near the top.

萨拉:嗯,对,我认为他们非常好。他们在今年的英超联赛中获得了第五名的成绩,所以他们离冠军已经很近了。

Todd: OK, so right now we have the Euro cup. And last night England played.

托德:好,现在正在举行欧洲杯。昨晚有英国队的比赛。

Sarah: They did.

萨拉:是的。

Todd: Yeah, did you see the game?

托德:嗯,你看那场比赛了吗?

Sarah: Ah, no I was going to watch it tonight actually in Shibuya but I'm thinking maybe not now because we lost on penalties.

萨拉:没有,我本来打算今晚去涉谷看比赛的,不过我现在可能不会去看了,因为我们在点球大战中落败了。

Todd: Yeah, what was the score?

托德:对,比分是多少?

Sarah: Ah, the final score was 2 all (2-2) and then it went to penalties and I think it was 6-4. So England always lose on penalties.

萨拉:啊,最终比分是2比2平,之后点球大战的结果好像是6比4。英国总是在点球大战中输球。

Todd: They always lose on penalties?

托德:他们总是在点球大战中输球吗?

Sarah: Yeah.

萨拉:是这样的。

Todd: Well, sorry. Maybe in the World Cup, next Time.

托德:嗯,真遗憾。可能下次的世界杯会有好表现。

Sarah: Maybe. Maybe. Yeah.

萨拉:也许吧。也许。

Todd: Now do you ever play football?

托德:你踢足球吗?

Sarah: No, I've never played.

萨拉:不,我从来没踢过。

Todd: Never.

托德:从来没有。

Sarah: Never played, no.

萨拉:对,从来没踢过。

Todd: OK. Do you ever go and watch games in Newcastle?

托德:好的。那你在纽卡斯尔看过足球比赛吗?

Sarah: Um, it's very difficult to watch games in Newcastle because it's a big club and it's Premiereship and you have to book in advance quite a few years but I've seen some first division football clubs play against each other.

萨拉:嗯,在纽卡斯尔看比赛非常难,因为它在英超联赛中算大的俱乐部,你必须要提前好几年订票,不过我看过几场甲级联赛的比赛。

Todd: You have to get tickets two years in advance?

托德:你要提前两年订票吗?

Sarah: For the big clubs, yeah. They're booked up.

萨拉:对大俱乐部来说,是这样的。那些票会订光的。

Todd: That's pretty intense. So when there's a game on TV then what do you do? Do you watch it at home? Do you go to a pub?

托德:门票很紧张啊。那电视上放足球比赛时你会怎么做呢?在家里看吗?还是去酒吧看?

Sarah: Ah, it depends on the game. I like it and I like Premeireship football, and I like World Cup football and Euro 2000 but I wouldn't watch particularly a first division game on the television, but normally I would go to the pub with friends and watch the game.

萨拉:哦,这取决于是什么比赛。我喜欢看英超比赛,喜欢看世界杯,喜欢看2000年欧洲杯,但我不会在电视上看甲级联赛的比赛,一般我会和朋友一起去酒吧看比赛。

Todd: Do you think that athletes make too much money?

托德:你认为运动员赚的钱是不是过多?

Sarah: I think footballers do. Yeah, I think they do. I think they do a good job but I think they're incredibly overpaid.

萨拉:我认为足球运动员赚的钱过多。对,我认为是。我认为他们表现很好,可是我觉得他们的收入过高。

Todd: Yeah, I think it is the same thing in the states. I think they make too much money.

托德:没错,我觉得美国也是这种情况。我认为他们的收入太高了。

美语情景对话 第241期:Football 足球

重点讲解:
1. in advance
提前;事先;
eg. British Summer Time is one hour in advance of Greenwich Mean Time.
英国的夏季时间比标准时间快一小时。
eg. The booking office sells tickets 3 days in advance.
售票处预售3天的票。
2. book up
满号;订光;
eg. I could not get even one ticket since all the seats were booked up.
我一张票也弄不到,所有的座位都已预定一空。
eg. By now, every place must be booked up.
现在这时候到处都被订满了。
3. depend on
取决(于);有赖(于);
eg. The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato...
所需的烹饪时间取决于土豆的大小。
eg. What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina...
日后之事将有赖于他与德索利纳的谈话结果。
eg. How much it costs depends upon how much you buy.
价钱取决于你买多买少。